WIC, the Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children
Good Nutrition Today for a Healthier Tomorrow
WIC is a federally funded program for eligible pregnant, breastfeeding and post-partum women and their children under five years old. Its objective is to improve the nutritional status of every participant by providing nutritionally valuable foods to supplement diets during critical stages of growth and development in order to prevent health problems.
- Vouchers for Healthy Foods (redeemable at participating grocery stores)
- Health and Nutrition Education
- Individualized Dietary Counseling
- Health and Immunization Screening
- Breastfeeding Information, Support, and Counseling
- Recipes and Newsletters
- You are pregnant or have children under 5 years of age
- You live in Pennsylvania and
- You meet the income guidelines
You could qualify just like many working families do!
WIC Income Guidelines
Families may earn up to:
Expected babies are counted in family size. For each additional family member, add $610 to monthly income or $7,326 to yearly income.
For more information: http://pawic.com/
WIC – Strong minds, healthy bodies and a healthy start in life
WIC is an equal opportunity provider. This project is funded under contract with the PA Department of Health using funds provided by the United States Department of Agriculture. USDA prohibits discrimination of its programs.