Our agency firmly believes that all women, regardless of economic or medical insurance status, are entitled to confidential and affordable reproductive health care, including crucial cancer screening services. Many of our patients are income-eligible to receive free care through the family planning project. While we do receive government funding, the current level of funding is insufficient to support the quality of care we provide. Therefore, more and more, we must depend on the donations of generous people like you to continue our work.
Did you know…
Family Planning saves taxpayers’ money. For every dollar spent on publicly funded contraceptive services, taxpayers save $3.74 in Medicaid-related costs.
Government Title X funding for family planning services has not kept up with inflation and health care costs. Had Title X funding kept pace with medical inflation since fiscal year 1980, it would now be funded at $759 million instead of the fiscal year 2007 level of $283 million.
Family Planning agencies prevent abortions by preventing unintended pregnancies. By offering free or low-cost contraception to eligible women, they are better able to plan and space their births. The result is a decrease in the need for abortion and healthier outcomes for mothers and babies. Publicly supported family planning services help to prevent 1.4 million unplanned pregnancies each year, which would result in 600,000 abortions.
Your tax deductable donation would enable us to:
- screen more women for cervical and breast cancer.
- offer more health education programs to the community.
- provide more community outreach to raise awareness about available services.
- provide nutrition education and counseling to more WIC-eligible women.
- provide birth control to couples who are not ready for pregnancy.
- provide education and risk reduction counseling, testing, and treatment to more individuals who receive STD (sexually transmitted disease) services.
The official registration and financial information of Family Planning Services/WIC Program of SUN Counties may be obtained from the PA Department of State by calling toll-free, within PA, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.